Frequently Asked Questions
Customer Service Questions:
- How long will it take to process my order?
- How do I contact clariSEA?
- How much does shipping cost?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- How do I track my order?
- My skin was irritated by a clariSEA product. Who should I tell?
- What is clariSEA's return policy?
- Do you offer a rewards program?
- Did your prices increase?
Customer Service Answers:
Most orders ship within 2-3 business days. During sales and when products run out unexpectedly, our order processing lead time might increase to 4-5 business days. Please allow 3-5 business days for shipping. Most orders are delivered within 2-3 days. We do not currently offer express shipping but we pay a premium for the fastest possible shipping via USPS.
clariSEA's business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST, except holidays.
Please note: Processing times may increase from time to time when demand is especially heavy. If this is the case, we'll try to inform you of a possible delay when you place your order. If it has been more than two weeks and you have not received your product, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our normal customer service email address might be down for a few days. We will update this page when it's back.
You can email us at anytime. Our normal customer service email address might be down for a few days so please email email@example.com and we will get back to you within a few hours. We will update this page when firstname.lastname@example.org is back up and running.
We currently offer $4.95 flat rate shipping within the continental United States and Hawaii via USPS. Orders over $35 ship free. We can now ship orders to Canada that are 2 lbs and under. Check out our Shipping to Canada! page for more info.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and now PayPal. Tax must also be included if you live in the state of New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact us and we will get back to you within 1 business day: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST.
You'll receive an email with tracking as soon as your order ships!
Please let us know if any clariSEA product has caused a skin irritation by emailing: email@example.com.
Please keep this product for testing purposes.
Due to the high cost of our ingredients and low price points, we are not able to accept returns.
We love to reward our customers! We hope that our rewards program will help you continue your clear skin regimen without interruption by saving you money, so you can restock your skincare staples on time. Or maybe it will give you a chance to treat yourself and your skin to a new product. You guys deserve it! Click on the "Earn Rewards" tab at the bottom of the website and log into your account using the same email address and password that you use to log into your account to place an order. It's all connected. If you're a new customer, create an account and start earning rewards right away.
You'll receive rewards points with every purchase. Every dollar you spend equals 5 points. 400 points = $5 in rewards. 600 points = $10 in rewards. 1250 points = $25 in rewards. You'll automatically be notified when you reach each points threshold. You can choose to redeem your points at that time or wait for them to build up to the maximum redeemable amount of 1250 points. You can also earn rewards points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends and following on Instagram and Facebook. In order to receive your rewards points for writing reviews, make sure you're logged into the account you used to make the purchase before you write each review. You can review each product you purchased, once.
To check your points balance, click on the "Earn Rewards" tab at anytime and login to your account to see how many points you have and what rewards are available to redeem.
We did increase the prices of some products by a few dollars. The main reason is that the cost of the Organic Rosewater we use in many of the products increased and we were no longer able to absorb that cost within the current pricing. The price of the Skin Like New increased by $2 because we added 0.5 oz more to the tube. The size went from 2.5 oz to 3 oz. This way you can get more uses out of each tube and clearer skin for longer until you have to restock. We try to make our prices as affordable as possible so even with the increase of a few dollars on certain products, we think they are still affordable and a good value.
Due to a continued increase in shipping costs over the last few years, especially for heavier items like the Clarifying Salt Treatment, we had to increase the price of the size we are currently shipping, the 23 oz, by $5, in order to be able to continue to ship to our customers. The cost to ship this product has increased by $8-$10 since it first launched. We will continue to absorb a portion of that cost. I apologize that we have to do this and hope that you can understand. I know this is an important product for many people. And we will continue to work to give back and provide value to our customers in any way we can. We are also working towards repackaging the Clarifying Salt Treatment in clear, compostable, resealable bags. This would make shipping much easier and prevent any further price increases. We would be consolidating into just 2 sizes - 12 or 15 oz and 32 oz. Stay tuned for more details.
Product & Recycling Questions:
- Do all of the products contain sea salt?
- Is all of the packaging recyclable?
- Is clariSEA a sustainable business?
Product & Recycling Answers:
Do all of the products contain sea salt?
Only the Sea Salt Solutions line along with the Clear Day De-Blemish Drying Spot Treatment and Mattifying Healing Dust contain sea salt. None of the products from the Charcoal Solutions, Radical Rosehip, Cool Aloe or Roam Wild lines contain sea salt.
Is all of the packaging recyclable?
Yes. The boxes are compostable and can be recycled with cardboard and paper at home or in your town. The glass containers can be recycled with other glass at home or in your town. The plastic containers are all either PET or HDPE and can be recycled with other plastics at home or in your town. Check with your local municipality for all recycling guidelines.
Is clariSEA a sustainable business?
We are constantly and tirelessly working on our sustainability. It is one of our most important initiatives and always will be, because there will always be room for progress and improvement. The need for ever-improving sustainability drives our daily decision making, our product development, marketing and shipping processes.
Sustainability is important to us as a business and to us, as consumers. And, most importantly, we know that it is very important to you.
We had many packaging updates and sustainability improvements in the works before the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to work towards those initiatives as much as possible given the circumstances. Here is a list of what we are working on:
- We are working to make all order shipment materials as sustainable as possible. We already include 100% biodegradable packing peanuts in any order that requires packing. We are now also using recycled paper for every shipping label and packing slip. We are in the process of ordering sustainable tape and sustainable small shipping envelopes from a new supplier. As well as compostable clear bags to replace the plastic bags we currently use when packing larger orders.
The corrugated shipping boxes we use are recyclable. The only element of the shipping process that we have not been able to make completely sustainable yet are the USPS Priority Padded Envelopes we use for some orders. We have to use those padded envelopes for certain orders in order to keep shipping costs sustainable (other definition of the word). Shipping costs rise every single year and we have to continually find solutions to ship the products to you as safely as possible so they are not damaged in transit, and in a way that makes you happy when you receive your order, all the while keeping the cost manageable so we don't have to raise prices. It is an ongoing challenge that we are constantly working on and evolving.
- We will be transitioning the Clarifying Salt Treatment from the current PET plastic jars into 100% compostable plastic bags.
- We will be transitioning the Ocean Saltwater Clear Skin Cleanser, Daily Glow Clarifying Rose Cleanser, Deep Pore Detox Charcoal Cleanser, Peel Off Masks, Skin Like New MicroDermabrasion Gentle Resurfacing Paste, Rapid Detox Clearing Mask and Brighten Exfoliate Detox Jelly Mask into sustainable tubes made of Sugar cane materials.
- Other items that will be gradually transitioned to glass packaging:
* Kona Love Coffee Bean Lip Scrub
* Daily Glow Clarifying Rose Toner
* Pretty Skin Just Roses Facial Spray
Here are our other current points of sustainability:
* We use glass packaging wherever possible including for the majority of our Pretty Skin USDA Organic items, Roam Wild and Clear Day. Our initiative going forward is to launch 75% of new products in glass packaging.
* As mentioned above, the packing peanuts inside orders that require packing are made of corn starch and are 100% biodegradable. You can dispose of them with your regular garbage. The shipping boxes can be recycled with other corrugated items. The shipping envelopes can be recycled with other plastic.
* Certain products come in folding cartons which are made of 50% post consumer recycled materials and can be recycled with other corrugated items.
* Each plastic container is made of either PET or HDPE and can be recycled with your other plastics at home or in your town. We are working on transitioning certain plastic containers to glass. For some products this may not be possible. Because our products are so natural, they need to be protected throughout their life cycle from air and bacteria so they don't grow mold and become unsafe to use, or degrade and become less effective. And the only way to do that is to package those products in airless or protective containers. Because the products are packaged in these airless and/or secure containers we do not have to use harsh preservatives. It's a bit of a catch 22. We want to deliver the most natural, effective and non-toxic skincare to your skin and body but we also want to package those items in sustainable packaging. It's an issue that we are constantly analyzing and working on.
* Because we don't use harsh preservatives, when we wash the equipment after each batch, we are not flushing anything toxic into the local eco-system. And when you use the product at home, what goes down the drain and into your local eco-system is not toxic either.
* All of our products are vegan. A 2018 study by researchers at the University of Oxford found that cutting meat and dairy products from your diet could reduce an individual's carbon footprint from food by up to 73 percent. The same would hold true for skincare consumption. The lead author Joseph Poore said that "A vegan diet is probably the single biggest way to reduce your impact on planet Earth, not just greenhouse gases, but global acidification, eutrophication, land use and water use. It is far bigger than cutting down on your flights or buying an electric car." Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/